As we start to emerge from our winter sweaters, thoughts of fresh new things start to take root.
Now is a great time to celebrate the season and explore some ideas to keep you on track with your weight loss goals.
Here are 5 ideas to revamp your fitness routine…
#1 Cool New Shoes
Who doesn’t love a new pair of shoes? Why not reward yourself for getting your daily walks in with a new pair of sneakers? Between velcro straps, old-school shapes and treaded platforms, there are plenty of options. What a fun way to put a smile on your face each time you prepare for your workout.
#2 Sparkling Spring Detox Water
Steal a trick from the spa and add infused water to your repertoire. Infused waters are wonderful for burning fat and perfect for clear liquid fasts. A fast can be an excellent way to do a little spring cleaning for your digestive system.
Try adding the combinations below to water, sparkling water, mineral water or even unsweetened tea or herbal teas.
- Thinly sliced cucumbers and crushed fresh mint leaves
- Thinly sliced lemon and/or limes
- Thinly sliced lemon and crushed fresh mint leaves
- Thinly sliced lemon and thinly sliced or crushed ginger
- Thinly sliced lemon, cucumber, crushed mint, a fresh sprig of rosemary
#3 Yummy Spring Recipes
Our team is always in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes using Personal Trainer Foods. We love swapping ideas with each other and with you.
Visit our Creative Food Ideas video library to perk up your spring menu.
#4 The ‘It’ Drink for a Sunny Day
We LOVE coffee at Personal Trainer Food! We love it because it is loaded with healthy antioxidants that can protect you from disease1.
Coffee can also help you burn fat2. Stay cool and slim as the days warm up and sip on iced coffee. Here is a great Personal Trainer Food-friendly coffee frappucino you can make in your blender at home.
PTF Coffee Frappucino
1-2 Cups brewed coffee
1-2 Tablespoons non-dairy powdered creamer
Non-caloric sweetener, to taste
6-12 Ice cubes
Put everything in your blender and blend until smooth.
#5 Double Your Results—Invite a Friend!
Have your friends, family and workmates been noticing the new, leaner you or commenting on your delicious foods? Invite them to join you! There is nothing better than having the accountability of others and the company of walking buddies.
Did you know that you can earn cash by referring others to Personal Trainer Food? Log in to see how easy it is!
1. Augustin Scalbert et al.; Polyphenols: antioxidants and beyond; Am J Clin Nutr January 2005 vol. 81 no. 1 2155-2175.
2. K J Acheson et al.; Caffeine and coffee: their influence on metabolic rate and substrate utilization in normal weight and obese individuals; Am J Clin Nutr May 1980 vol. 33 no. 5 989-997.