St. Patrick’s Day is so much fun, and there’s nothing like a good Irish joke, isn’t there?
We heard this one from one of our Irish Customers:
A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, “I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I’ll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back.”
The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan’s offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. “Is your bet still good?”, asks the Irishman.
The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.
The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, “If ya don’t mind me askin’, where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?”
The Irishman replies, “Oh…I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first”.
Let us remind you that drinking beer is NOT the way lose weight while on your program!
But here are a few ways you can celebrate:
1. Enroll in a 5k run or walk; do it in your craziest green outfit! Invite your friends to join you!
2. Eat the corned beef and cabbage! This holiday favorite goes right a long with the Personal Trainer Food lifestyle, so dig in.
3. Drink a little extra water. Infuse some sparkling water with festive green mint leaves.
4. Check out a Parade! St. Patrick’s day are so much fun and will give you a reason to get out and get moving.
5. If #4 isn’t enough exercise for you, do a 5-minute Irish Jig! Watch this instructional video to learn how: