In addition to healthy eating and exercise, stretching is an important part in maintaining a healthy body! The knee-to-chest stretch focuses on the muscles of your lower back and hamstrings.
- On a firm surface, lie on your back with the backs of your heels flat on the floor
- Gently pull one knee up to your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
- Bring the knee as close to your chest as comfortably possible.
- Keep the opposite leg relaxed in a comfortable position, either with your knee bent or with your leg extended.
- Hold for about 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.
Note: This stretch is not recommended if you have osteoporosis because it may increase the risk of compression fractures in your vertebrae.