Raise a glass to toast with your guests and enjoy mocktails with all the taste of regular alcohol but with lower calories. If you enjoy alcoholic beverages, this is just the blog for you. Low sugar, without giving up on life’s little celebration pleasures.
One of the new growing trends in adult beverages is Zero-ABV and Low-ABV products. Alcohol by volume (ABV) has a lower alcohol content than most alcoholic beverages. (ABV) beverages have an alcohol content of between 0.05 and 1.2% reduced alcohol content. It’s less influential than full alcohol and is an alternative to sugary non-alcoholic beverages. Low-ABV products are available in vermouths, rum, bitters, and zero-ABV beers and wines. As we have become increasingly more aware of the negative effects of alcohol, we’re making different adult beverages and keeping carbs down.
Consider stocking your cabinet with lower carb, non-alcoholic beverages from:
To keep your adult beverages festive and flavorful, I’ve compiled a list of low-sugar beverages recipes to try. Don’t forget the previous Mocktail beverages blog.
No-sugar Mocktail Beverage Recipes
- Soda water can be substituted for another type of sparkling water – unflavored or with lemon or lime flavor
- Soda water can also be swapped for a lemon/lime soda for a sweeter version
- Lime needs to be fresh – lime juice in a bottle just won’t do. But, you can switch it for lemon with some change to the flavor.
- Crushed ice can be substituted for whole ice cubes, or omitted
- Fresh mint – only use the leaves, as the stem can make it bitter
Option: 1 ½ oz of your favorite non-alcoholic rum
- Add lime wedges and mint leaves to a highball glass – squeeze the lime wedges a bit while adding them to get a bit of the juice out immediately
- Using a muddler (or the handle of a wooden spoon), smash together the lime and mint until you’ve gotten most of the juice out of the limes. Option: Add 1 ½ oz of your favorite non-alcoholic rum
- Fill up with crushed ice
Virgin Cucumber Gimlet
- 1.5 oz club soda
- 4-5 slices of muddled cucumber
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz sugar-free syrup
Option: Add 2 oz. of non-alcoholic gin or vodka.
Combine all ingredients and shake with ice. Serve in a rocks glass over crushed ice. Garnish with a rolled cucumber slice.
- 2 oz ‘New London Light’
- 2 oz coffee (cold brew, decaffeinated or fresh)
- .5 oz sugar-free syrup
- Orange peel to garnish
Place all the ingredients in a Boston shaker with plenty of ice. Shake for 15 seconds and strain into a tumbler over a large ice cube. Garnish with a twist of orange peel
- Sugar-free Lychees
- Hibiscus Tea Leaves
- Club Soda
- Puree a can of sugar-free lychees. Strain, and set aside.
- Brew hibiscus tea (1/4 cup dried hibiscus leaves in 1 cup hot water) for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup tea to sugar-free lychee puree.
- In a martini shaker filled with ice,
- Combine 3 ounces lychee–hibiscus tea mixture and 1-ounce water.
- Shake for 10 seconds
- Strain into a champagne flute.
- Top off with club soda.
Hibiscus Sangria or Non-alcoholic Sangria
- 6 hibiscus tea bags or 750 ml of non-alcoholic red wine
- 3 cups almost-boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 orange, with peel, sliced
- In a large cup or container, steep the tea bags in the hot water for 8 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- In a pitcher, combine the tea, cold water, and fruit. Refrigerate until tea is fully chilled, ~2 hours.
- Serve in cute glasses over ice, add more chopped fruit if desired.
Sparkling Raspberry Kombucha Mocktail
- 2 bottles zero-sugar kombucha of choice (such as ginger, raspberry, or ‘original/unflavored’)
- ½ cup 100% sugar-free raspberry juice
- 1-inch slice of fresh ginger, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, rosemary sprigs, and thinly sliced ginger for garnish
- Fill 4 double old-fashioned glasses with ice and set aside.
- In a pitcher or quart-sized mason jar, muddle sliced ginger and rosemary together using the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one.
- Add sugar-free raspberry kombucha.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses (using a strainer, if necessary) and garnish with sprigs of rosemary, a slice of fresh ginger before serving.
Save now on low-carb meal deliveries
Right now, you can save 30% on any of our weight loss meal plans. Personal Trainer Food delivers everything you need to lose weight– including a Weight loss Coach who will help you get your very best results.
Enter SAVE30 in the promo code box when you check out. You’ll also enjoy fast, complimentary shipping right to your door. Get started now — and get the RIGHT foods you need to lose those stubborn pounds.
About the Writer: Unhealthy eating habits from environmental and emotional factors resulted in unpredictable weight challenges for Pamela. She invested in herself, became a self-help coach, and regained control of her weight using habit awareness and eating natural foods. As a Personal Trainer Food team member, she continues her lifestyle commitment to eating natural foods and helping others live healthy through healthy eating.