Want to be festive and enjoy holiday treats without derailing your weight loss goals? Here are 3 recipes for you to share with family and friends. Enjoy the deliciousness without the guilt!
Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
We thought you’d enjoy this recipe our CEO Mike makes for our PTF celebrations.
You better watch out– they aren’t weighed down with a ton of carbs and sugars so they disappear fast!
Personal Trainer Food Ingredients:
12 Personal Trainer Food Roasted Almonds
1 Stick of Softened Butter
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Splenda
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the butter, vanilla extract and sugar-free chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
- Sift the almond flour and Splenda together into the bowl and then mix until dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add whole almond to the center, then return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, cool, and enjoy!
Sugar-Free Apple Rose Tart
Put a pretty spin on dessert with this sugar-free apple tart. Make your tart one apple at a time in small ramekins or use more apples and a larger pie or tart pan.
1-5 T Butter
1/8 – 2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 – 1 tsp. Non-caloric sweetener (stevia or Splenda)
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter ramekins or pie pan (depending on the number of apples you use).
- Peel and core apples, then cut into thin enough slices that you can bend them slightly (~1/4″ thick or less).
- Start layering the slices around the dish, working from the outside in. Roll a few very thin slices up together and nestle in the center as a rosette once you reach the middle.
- Dab the top with a little butter, then dust evenly with cinnamon and non-caloric sweetener.
- Bake until apple softens and edges brown slightly.
Low-Carb Almond Cinnamon Butter Cookies
Everyone will love this quick and easy gluten-free cookie recipe. Enjoy!
2 Cups Almond Flour
½ Cup Butter, Softened
½ Cup Non-Caloric Sweetener (stevia or Splenda)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, butter, egg, sweetener, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl; mix until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and press down with a fork twice in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your holidays! And when you’re ready to get on track with healthy eating habits Personal Trainer Food is here for you.