Super Bowl LV, the 55th Super Bowl championship game, will be held on Sunday, February 7th, 2021 and will decide the league champion. We know this year may look a bit different than normal, but how are you getting ready for the game? Planning a fun day at home with your family? Maybe going to visit a couple of close friends or family members?
No matter how you’re choosing to celebrate, we’ve got some great recipes below that will keep you in the fat-burning zone for the Super Bowl – or any party!
Super Bowl Wings
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll 12 even meatballs. Place meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with warmed sugar free BBQ sauce such as G Hughes smokehouse sugar free original BBQ sauce
Grilled Shrimp with Spices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- lemon, for garnish
- Preheat the grill or use a broiler.
- Mix garlic, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, olive oil, and lemon juice. Once mixed, toss in shrimp to mix with coating.
- Cook shrimp until opaque. Typically 2-3 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.
Ham and Pickle Roll Ups
- 10 slices deli ham
- 1-2 (8 ounce) package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 10 dill pickle spears
- Lay out the ham deli slices and pat dry.
- Slather cream cheese on each ham slice.
- Place a pickle spear at the end of the ham slice and roll. Cut to desired size once rolled and poke with toothpick to hold shape.
Don’t feel like cooking? Here’s an easy, quick recipe for you to make and still feel like you’re in the action!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages miniature smoked sausage links
- Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Combine ingredients and heat. This can be done in a crock pot or microwave. Really any heating method of choice!
Vegetable platter with Football Eggs
Here’s another easy one to get you game day ready!
- 4-8 different kinds of non starchy vegetables
- Check out our huge list of non starchy vegetables here to give you some ideas for your platter: huge list of non starchy vegetables
- 4 Hard Boiled eggs
- Optional: Dipping sauce like Ranch or Blue Cheese
- Clean and cut veggies to desired serving size. Place on a tray.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Cut the chives into strips and place them on the yolk of the eggs to resemble football laces.
- Pair with your favorite Personal Trainer Food friendly dipping sauce and serve!
Charcuterie boards are all the rage lately, and they’re super fun to make and low carb friendly!
- Jar of Olives, green and black
- Different types of lunch meat, try turkey, chicken, salami, pepperoni, etc.
- Sliced or cubed hard cheeses such as cheddar, pepper jack, provolone, etc.
- A few slices of apples
- Nuts such as pistachios, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Decide where you would like to arrange your low carb Charcuterie Board. Some people will do this on a tray or platter, others prefer to do this on a whole table depending on how many are being served.
- Place your spread on your desired location in an eye appealing manner. Enjoy!
Tasty Teriyaki Lettuce Wrap
Looking for an option you can make using your Personal Trainer Food? Try this tasty teriyaki lettuce wrap!
Personal Trainer Food Ingredients:
- 1 Bag Teriyaki Chicken
- Sweet Garlic Butter Sauce
- Large Lettuce Leaves
- Sliced Almonds
- Chopped Green Onions
- Heat up the teriyaki chicken in the microwave and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Lay lettuce leaves flat and put the chopped teriyaki chicken on top.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and chopped green onions.
- Finish with a squeeze of Sweet Garlic Butter Sauce.
Want to add more to your Super Bowl smorgasbord? Check out these recipes from our suggestions from last year https://www.personaltrainerfood.com/blog/a-foodies-guide-to-a-fat-burning-super-bowl/
(If you are headed out to enjoy a Super Bowl party, here are some quick tips that will keep you on program while enjoying the game!)
Save now on low-carb meal deliveries
Right now, you can save 30% on any of our weight loss meal plans. Personal Trainer Food delivers everything you need to lose weight– including a Weight loss Coach who will help you get your very best results.
Enter SAVE30 in the promo code box when you check out. You’ll also enjoy fast, complimentary shipping right to your door.
Get started now — and get the RIGHT foods you need to lose those stubborn pounds.