Saying I love you doesn’t have to come with a 70+ grams of sugar. Try some of these fun sweet treats instead!
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
1 egg white
1 tsp cold water
2 cups whole almonds
3 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Beat the egg white and water until frothy with a whisk in a medium bowl. Add the almonds, and stir until well coated. Mix the sweetener, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Stir the nuts until they are well coated.
- Spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the almonds for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Your house will smell amazing!
Baked Cinnamon Apples
4 medium apples
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice apples into thin slices and place in a 9×9 baking dish or pie dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and artificial sweetener. Mix so that all apples are coated. Place a small amount of water in the dish (about 1/4 in).
- Bake apples uncovered for 30 minutes or until apples are soft and break apart easily.
10 slices of bacon
⅓ cup artificial sweetener
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Generous sprinkle of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss the sweetener, cinnamon and black pepper together. Put the bacon on the baking sheet, and sprinkle mixture over the bacon. Turn bacon over and rub the remaining mixture onto the bacon, until it is all coated. Gently twist the bacon (if desired) and lay on the sheet.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through.
And if all else fails, diamonds won’t make you gain weight!
Happy Valentine’s Day!