You know that we recommend throwing away (or at least hiding) your scale. But how can you track your progress?
To help answer that question, we asked people like you how they knew they were losing weight.
Their responses were inspiring, sometimes funny, and fantasticallly motivating. Check out these 121 ways to see fat loss without a scale!
2. My son told me that when his friend saw us shopping together the other day, he thought I was his girlfriend.
3. I had a pair of tall boots that were too tight around my calves, but now I can zip them all the way up and there is room to spare.
4. I actually took my before pics. Its scares me because I’m so shy, but the REV Weight Loss Coaches encouraged me to take it to the next level. I’m excited to see changes! — Victoria, Altered Wedding Weight Loss Challenger
Be sure to watch ALL of Victoria’s non-scale victories as she competes to lose enough weight to fit in her dream wedding dress. Sign up today to learn how she does it!
5. I threw my scale out, lol. (And I’m glad I did.)
6. I didn’t have to buy larger summer clothes for the first time. Last year was my last fat summer.
8. Over Christmas, everybody asked me if I had lost weight. I told them about Personal Trainer Food and now half of my family is ordering!
9. My grandmother was pretty tiny, they all were back then. I found a cute vintage dress of hers and tried it on just to see. I couldn’t believe it when I was able to zip it up. I have her figure!
10. I tried on a pair of old 501 jeans that I used to wear in college. They fit—and I even found $20 in the pocket! Bonus!
11. Running into a guy I knew from back in high school—he had to do a double-take when he realized who I was. He dumped me before prom. I could tell he was thinking “dang!”
12. Someone who hadn’t seen me in a long time said I looked smoking hot!
13. My blood pressure is now 120/70. I have been battling high blood pressure for years, so this is really good news.
14. Can I just say that my husband loves my new little red dress? — Dayna, Altered 2014 Wedding Weight Loss Challenger
Dayna competed in our Altered Wedding Weight Loss Challenge last year to look fabulous in her red dress. You can watch this year’s competitors real-time by signing up here.
15. My hair dresser said that I had lost so much weight that I needed a whole new hair style. She gave me an adorable pixie cut. I have always wanted this look but never thought I could pull it off!
17. My blood sugar was at pre-diabetic levels before starting RECON. Blood sugar readings from the mid 90’s to 120 used to be the norm for me. The last few times I checked, they have been 82, 80, 76.
18. In the store the other day, I tried on some trendy high-waisted pants as a joke to show my daughter. I remember wearing those in the 80’s and if you had big hips like me you looked like a cello in them. When I walked out of the dressing room she said “Mom, you look great!” I thought she was kidding and then I took a look in the mirror. I wish I looked this good in the 80’s!
19. I was able to say no when co-workers suggested we go get some ice cream.
21. I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Buh-bye maternity clothes.
23. I was able to increase my pushups this week. Yes!
24. I had to get fitted for a wedding and walked into my usual Big and Tall store. They didn’t have my size. I can shop in normal stores now!
26. I’m not hungry all the time. I used to feel hungry right after eating and then would eat again. It’s nice to not have to think about food every few minutes.
28. Someone commented about how happy I look. I feel wonderful too.
29. I’m in the next size down scrubs.
30. Fitting into a “one size fits all” for the first time.
31. I was able to pick out some clothes from the misses section.
32. My skinny jeans are now my baggy boyfriend jeans.
34. I wore a swim suit without a skirt or shorts.
35. I have a waist again, and I can even see some abs peeking out!
36. I feel 100 times better now that I have lost the weight — physically, emotionally, mentally, everything for me has improved. — Sonay, 2014 Altered! Wedding Weight Challenger.
Sonay, Grand Prize Winner shocked everyone with her amazing weight loss last year. Click here to follow four brides and their moms as they lose weight for the big day in this year’s Altered Challenge!
Who will win this year? We’ll share all their secrets to losing weight and looking great!
37. Dropped an “X” off my shirt size!
38. I had an expensive dress I bought on sale but it was too small in the waist when I got it home. I tried it on the other day and finally popped the tag.
41. No more plus-size shopping!
42. I can wrap a bath towel around me now and nothing peeks out.
43. This is really embarrassing…I was wearing my favorite pair of sweats and headed out to the grocery store. My underwear fell down while I was walking around. I had to discreetly hike them up so I could walk properly. Needless to say, my next errand was to pick up some new underwear.
45. Not having to pull my tops back down when I stand up.
46. Looking horrible in work clothes because they are so big!
48. I donated all my fat clothes to charity today. It is my commitment to myself. I’m never going back!
49. I didn’t recognize myself in photos I was tagged in!
50.I caught a reflection of myself in the mirror and totally freaked out. I was like Whoa, who is that stranger in my house?!
51. I put on an old summer dress and started looking for a sweater to cover my upper arms. I stopped to look at my reflection in the mirror. My arms aren’t as big as they used to be! I didn’t bother with the sweater.
52. I had a pair of jeans that wouldn’t pull up past my thighs. I don’t know why I kept them, I thought they were defective and that’s why they were on sale. I put them on yesterday—my thighs are so skinny now!
53. I have this friend with an AMAZING body. The other day she told me I look great.
55. Didn’t miss a single day of eating right on my program. That’s a major accomplishment for me!
56. I set a goal to drink two liters of water today. I did it.
57. I got all my 20-minute walks in for this week. I almost talked myself out of them but I’m so glad I was able to silence that devil on my shoulder.
58. I realized that I didn’t die from not eating during my 48 hour fast.
60. I walked past my favorite bakery today and enjoyed the smell of fresh pastries baking…and I kept on walking by.
61. Someone told one of my friends that she saw my husband with another woman at a restaurant last week. It was me!
62. My new nickname at work is “Skinny Minnie.”
63. My watch is loose like a bracelet, it’s on its last link.
65. My button down shirts stay tucked in.
66. With RECON, I’ve noticed how much better my body is functioning now, and without the extra weight, I feel more confident.
67. I got my blood work back today and the results are fantastic!
68. My doctor said that I am no longer classified as overweight. I’m so happy, we want to start a family soon and a healthy pregnancy is important to me.
69. I just realized that I haven’t had any back pain for a few months.
70. Not sure why, but I haven’t had any migraines during my program. I usually get one a week. I’ll take it.
72. I was able to paint my toenails without struggling for breath.
73. Now when I cross my legs my foot doesn’t pop up to the side.
74. I can see my feet again.
76. I had to go shopping for a new bikini for my girlfriends Vegas trip. I’m actually kind of excited to show it off!
79. Sshhhhh…don’t tell her I said this, but now I look younger than my youngest sister.
80. I thought I might be able to wear my favorite shirt by the end of my program. I fit in it after just two weeks.
83. I can see my ankle bones. They are so cute!
84. I sat down on my boyfriend’s lap and he laughed “ouch, your butt is bony now!”
85. I put on my favorite necklace and noticed how it hung nicer than it ever has because I lost weight around my neck and collar bone.
87. The officer who pulled me over for speeding told me that I needed to get a new license. My picture didn’t look at all like me, and the weight was wrong. He told me “good job, next time stick to the speed limit around here” and let me off.
88. I flew on a plane for the first time in years and after buckling the belt I had to keep cinching, and cinching, and cinching until it was tight enough around me.
89. Now that I have lost the weight I feel amazing! I am comfortable in my own skin and shopping for clothes is something I can actually enjoy! My advice for people looking to lose a lot of weight is to stay focused and trust that everything you are doing to improve yourself is working, whether you see it on the scale or not. — Amanda, 2014 Altered Wedding Weight Loss Challenge, 2nd Place
Be in the know with this year’s Altered Challenge– sign up today for your exclusive access to lose weight like Amanda!
90. I really wanted to buy this beautiful dress at the store yesterday. My size and the next size down were not available. I was sad but I pulled that teeny neeny size anyways. The dress looked so small. But when I put it on it fit perfectly!
90. I tried on my wedding dress for the first time in 11 years. It was so big that the shoulders kept falling down.
91. I can’t see the cellulite on the back of my thighs any more.
92. I was diagnosed with lupus and put on steroids during my program. My doctor told me that I would probably gain about 30-40 pounds. But instead, I LOST 36.8 pounds! Is that like losing a total of 76.8? Either way, my doctor says I need to keep doing what I am doing. — Chantal, 2014 Altered Wedding Weight Loss Challenger
See the stunning weight loss results 8 ladies get real-time by following this year’s Altered Challengers. Sign up now!
93. I went out to a buffet with my friends last night. They piled their plates high with mashed potatoes, bread, pizza slices. Then they had huge bowls of self-serve ice cream with all the toppings. I stuck to the roast beef and broccoli (and actually enjoyed it). Afterwards they all talked about how gross they felt. I don’t miss how that feels!
94. Being able to eat cheese and even a 16-ounce steak and still losing weight! Nobody believes me!
95. It’s nice to eat without feeling guilty.
96. My doctor said he was inspired by me and started asking about Personal Trainer Food.
97. After just four weeks, I’m experiencing the other side of life: feeling frumpy in clothes that are now too big, lol! — Dr. Mo, Altered 2014 Challenger
Do you want results like Dr. Mo? Learn how to get them by following Altered!
98. At the end of my program, I noticed how much my rear had become firmer and rounder rather than loose and hanging.
99. My wedding ring is so loose I am afraid it is going to slip off my finger but I’m not going to re-size it until I get to my goal.
101. Early this morning, I pulled a pair of jeans out of the dryer and put them on. My daughter saw me and said “mom, why are you wearing my jeans?” I’m the same size as her now!
102. I wore white pants for the first time in my life. I totally rocked them.
103. I fit into my goal pants. Time for a new goal!
106. I just realized that I am not craving sweets anymore.
107. My husband brought home some of my favorite candy when I started my program. I didn’t sneak into it once.
108. I didn’t know how I was going to go without alcohol. I love beer, it’s a thing with me and my buddies. Today was the first day I didn’t even think about having a beer after work.
110.When I first started RECON I thought doing just five burpees was going to kill me. They are tough! Now I love them. Best exercise ever.
111. My husband hugged me and realized that he could completely wrap his arms around me. No more T-Rex hugs!
113. At work, I had to use a co-worker’s stapler to staple the waistband of my trousers. The fabric kept bunching up or hanging under my belt. I guess those are headed to the Salvation Army now.
114. My shorts don’t ride up between my thighs when I walk. Now I don’t have to tug them down every few steps. That was really annoying!
115. I forgot to put my belt on this morning and walked out the door. I ended up having to use my lunch break to buy a new belt so I wouldn’t have to hold my pants up for the rest of the day.
117. I went to the mall and got three different sizes in jeans. I went into the dressing room and I put on the first pair and they were parachute pants. I put on the second pair and they were still too big. I put on the third pair and they fit perfect and it was a one-digit number. I just cried.
See what else Niki is grateful for by watching this video…
118. I have come to realize that this is NOT A DIET. It’s a way of life. My way of life.
119. I’m proud of my husband. He started Personal Trainer Food to support my weight loss journey. With everything he has learned from the Guidelines and talking with the Weight Loss Coaches, now he is pushing both of us to live healthier lives.
He is my cheerleader. I love him so much.
120. My son told me that I inspired him (it made me cry, because he is my hero).
But my greatest non-scale victory? Hearing stories like this from customers like you.
It is such an honor to be able to follow my passion which is to help America get back to simplicity in weight loss and feel great in the process.
I am truly thankful for you.
*GIFs credit: giphy.com
Jan is a 14-year veteran in the fitness industry and has personally coached and trained thousands of people to live fit and healthy lives around the world. 100 pounds ago, she knew exactly what it is like to be obese, sick and unhappy, feeling like there was nothing that could be done about the excess fat she had gained. That is why she couldn’t be happier to be a part of the Personal Trainer Food team today. She has successfully and permanently lost the fat using the principles of this program.